Planning for your maternity session
Thank you for choosing me to photograph your pregnancy! I am so excited to document this special time in your life!
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO HAPPEN AT MY SESSION?
Come ready to have fun! I like to to keep your session relaxed and natural and I try to keep the posing to a minimum. I will do everything I can to make your session comfortable as well as productive! You can trust that it is my goal to provide you with amazing photos that will not only flatter, but will become treasures for you to look back on for a lifetime.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
1. It’s all about the belly. Flowy dresses that hug the belly are ideal.
2. Solid, neutral colors usually work best, but if you have an amazing dress with a great pattern, go for it! Just don’t go pattern crazy. Multiple busy patterns are distracting to the eye.
3. Choose a color palette you like and that compliments your home.
4. Be sure to choose something you feel good in! Try to stay away from anything that will make you feel uncomfortable. If you are feeling good, it will shine through in your photos!
Props are a great way to customize your session and add a little something special! By bringing props, you can incorporate into the images who you are and who your baby will be. Some great ideas include baby booties or shoes, stuffed animals or objects based on your nursery theme, anything with the baby’s name on it, sonogram pictures, onesies, and whatever else that means a lot to you and your growing family.
WHEN WILL I SEE MY PHOTOS?
Check my Facebook + Instagram pages within 48 hours for a sneak peek! The, within 2 weeks of your session, I will have your proofs ready for selecting in your own private online viewing gallery. Once your selections are made, I will artistically hand edit those images. When your gallery is complete (usually within 2 weeks of making your selections), you will be able to download your final images and print them as you wish!
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SESSION
- Plan outfits in advance
- Get plenty of rest.
- Make sure you eat.
- Don’t forget the props! (if you choose)
- Arrive Early.
- Have fun!
- Watch for a sneak peek on Facebook.
MOMMY TO BE TIP:
It’s a good idea to schedule in some “relaxing” time the day of the shoot. Get your hair done or get a massage! Pamper yourself! Remember, life is about to get a little crazier in just a few more months.
I am looking forward to our time together!